Job No: BC1289
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope was awarded the best in the “Fitness Services” category of the 2017 Blacktown Local Business Awards. The health and fitness centre includes cardio and strength equipment, aqua, cycle and fitness classes as well as a squash court
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic person to join the team at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope as a casual Fitness Consultant.
The role includes:
- performing fitness tests, exercise and rehabilitation programming
- providing excellent supervision, and advice, ensuring customers are following the correct exercise procedures
- a focus on offering the highest level of customer service at all times.
If you are a qualified fitness professional, and have a positive and energetic personality, then this is the role for you!
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in related field (minimum Certificate III in Fitness)
- Registered Fitness Leader (Fitness Australia)
- Current CPR
- Current First Aid
- Be a team player
- Responsible for maintaining own accreditation
- Experience and capability in the operation and management of health and fitness assets and resources associated with the provision of recreation facilities, programmes and events
- Experience in a leisure environment working to strict parameters to achieve pre-set targets
- Experience working both within a team environment and as a ‘self-starter’
- Experience of working to strict targets and deadlines
- Experience of working with schools, corporate groups, sporting clubs and/or associations
- Current Working with Children Check.
Salary and Conditions
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly rate of $27.0789 per hour (Grade 4, Level 1) plus 25% casual loading, as well as penalty rates apply for weekend shifts.
- Trainee rates apply for applicants under 19 years of age
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 26 July 2019
Contact Officer: Vanessa Wallace on 9421 2600
INTERNAL REF: Fitness Consultant - Casual