Do you want to be part of a dynamic team delivering excellent customer service to the community? Apply to be a LSO today!
- Temporary Part Time Irregular hours (September to April)
- Multiple positions available
- $29.27* per hour + Leave + 9.5% Superannuation
*The rate includes a 20% loading for working outside normal business hours. Involves early morning, evening and weekend work.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
The North Melbourne Recreation Centre (NMRC) offers a variety of programs and facilities to members and the general public. It is comprised of a gymnasium, seasonal aquatic facility, group fitness studios and sports stadium. NMRC aims to offer quality aquatic and recreation facilities to improve the health and wellbeing of the community through active participation.
The NMRC Aquatic facility can be a fast paced working environment throughout the summer period. The team of Leisure Service Officers are the face of North Melbourne Recreation Centre providing customer service, informing prospective customers of the services and programs available and promoting the benefits of a healthier and more balanced lifestyle.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
The Leisure Service Officer will provide a high level of quality service throughout the facility in person, on the telephone and online so as to exceed the expectations of customers leading to increased attendances, membership sales and customer retention rates.
The position undertakes various daily activities that support the day to day running of the aquatic areas and customer service in accordance with established procedures and standards. You will play an active role in implementing any procedures developed to increase memberships and/or convert prospects to memberships or multi visit passes.
Please note: Flexibility to work across a seven day roster is essential
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Previous experience in a fast paced customer service role, preferably in the health and fitness or hospitality industries
- Accuracy in relation to cash handling, point of sale reconciliation and daily banking procedures
- A Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain as part of the recruitment process
- Demonstrated ability to comply with operating policies and procedures whilst positively contributing to process improvement
- A current Pool Lifeguard certificate or willingness to obtain certificate within four weeks of appointment.
Units of competency
- SISCAQU002 – Perform basic Water Rescues
- SISCAQU006 – Supervise clients in aquatic locations
- SISCAQU007 – Perform advanced water rescues
- PUAEME003C – Administer oxygen in an emergency situation
- PUAEME001B – Provide Emergency Care
- HLTAID001 – Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation
A current HLTAID0003 Provide First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain certificate within four weeks of appointment
Units of competency
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support
*Please note group interviews for these positions will take place week beginning 12 August 2019.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers, refer to reference no.14563.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to three application questions, which will appear as part of the online application form
Please address your covering letter to Erin Miller, (Acting) Operations Coordinator and Gin Kuo, (Acting) Leisure Service Coordinator
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne