Job No: BC1288
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a motivating, high energy and dynamic person to join the team at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope as a Group Fitness Instructor.
Group Fitness Instructors are required to instruct a range of group fitness activities for a variety of target markets ensuring an enjoyable experience for all participants. We are looking for Group Fitness Instructors experienced with instructing either Aqua classes or dry land based classes particularly Les Mills instructors.
If you have personality plus, love fitness and have experience in teaching group exercise then this is the role for you!
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope was awarded the best in the “Fitness Services” category of the 2017 Blacktown Local Business Awards. The health and fitness centre includes cardio and strength equipment, aqua, cycle and fitness classes as well as a squash court.
Qualifications and Experience
- Accredited Fitness Leader (Fitness Australia, Fitrec, Physical Activity Australia or equivalent)
- Current CPR Certificate
- Experience working both within a team environment and as a ‘self-starter’
- Experience of working with schools, corporate groups, sporting clubs and/or associations
- Current Working With Children Check.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Accredited Group Fitness Instructor (eg. Step)
- Accredited Les Mills Instructor
- Accredited Aqua Instructor
- Accredited Boxercise Instructor
- Accredited Yoga Instructor
- Accredited Pilates Instructor.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly class rate of $50 applies for this position. For non-teaching hours an hourly rate applies of $28.3474 per hour (Grade 5, Level 1) plus 25% casual loading.
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 26 July 2019
Contact Officer: Vanessa Wallace on 9421 2600
INTERNAL REF: Group Fitness Instructor - Casual