Learn to Swim Assistant
Job No: BC1305
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a motivated passionate person to join the team at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope as a full-time Learn to Swim Assistant.
The role includes:
- assisting in the day to day operations of the swim school
- working in a fun and friendly team
- providing support and guidance to the Learn to Swim Instructors
- working in a fast paced environment.
If you have an Austswim Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or Swim Australia certificate, swim school administration experience, excellent time management and customer service skills then this role is for you!
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope is an award winning multi- purpose facility that offers high quality programs and services. It includes an indoor aquatic centre with 25 metre 10 lane lap pool, wave pool and program pool. Aqua Learn to Swim is the core swim school program designed to offer all members of our community the confidence to enjoy swimming for fun, fitness and leisure.
A full time position is available for a motivated and experienced individual who shares a commitment and passion for swim school to join the team at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope.
The Learn to Swim Assistant will assist with delivering the swim school program. The role includes managing administrative tasks, providing high quality customer service and teaching learn to swim classes when required.
Qualifications and experience
- Austswim Certificate in Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or Swim Australia Teacher
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Certificate and Oxygen Equipment
- Experience in a similar swim school role
- Current Working With Children Check.
- Pool Lifeguard Award/Bronze Medallion Award
- Experience and knowledge of the administration of swimming programs and resources
- Sound computer skills with proficiency in point of sale and membership software
- Austswim Certificate in Teacher of Infant Aquatics.
Remuneration and benefits
- The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A salary range of $980.30 - $1,097.90 (Grade 3) per week will be offered depending on qualifications and experience, plus an additional 12.25% in accordance with Councils flexibility agreement
- 114 hours over a 3 week period, working 1 weekend in a three week cycle plus a mix of morning and night shifts
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 26 July 2019
Contact Officer: Kate Williamson on 9421 2624
INTERNAL REF: BCC814