Position: Aquatics Manager
We seek an experienced and inspirational Aquatics Manager who is energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun. Someone who is passionate about swimming and has passion for the water and working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure our patrons safely enjoy their visit every time. You are motived, love to motivate others and always seeking continuous improvement.
The position is for full-time only, commencing 7th January 2020 - 31 July 2021 (19 month contract).
The Aquatics Manager at K Aqua Space will be responsible for everything aquatics. This includes overall management of the aquatics staff, the facility, safety and customer service as it relates to the aquatics environment. There will be a teaching commitment for 15- 20 shifts per week. This role will report to the KLS head teacher. We are offering an opportunity to be part of a very professional team of forward thinking progressive educators.
- Native English Speaker
- Current AUSTSWIM Certificate – Teaching of Swimming and Water Safety
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics (Essential)
- Managerial experiences in swim school
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
- Lifeguard Training is a plus
Skills & Attributes:
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Desire to grow and seek personal development
- Must have a passion for the water and working with children
- Constantly stay abreast of industry trends and new stroke techniques
- Knowledge of general safety rules and precautions related to a swimming pool environment
- Must have professional demeanor and appearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have ability perform the duties of a rigorous work schedule which includes lifting, loading, and unloading, and ability maneuver up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in and around swimming pools with exposure to salt chlorinated and chemically treated water
- Knowledge of methods of rescue, life saving techniques, artificial respiration, and first aid a plus.
The successful candidate will receive competitive salary and benefits based on their experience and qualifications. This will include:
- Competitive salary ($40,000 - $45,000) dependent on experience and qualification
- Modern comfortable accommodation nearby to the school area or Housing allowance provided
- Free Lunch provided during working days
- Annual flight allowance
- Medical insurance
- An end of contract bonus
- 7 Weeks paid holiday
- Ongoing professional development.
Classes run on Saturdays and Sundays with the school closed on Mondays. Our class will occur on a 4 term cycle. Our KLS working calendar can be discussed in more detail during the interview process. Working days is 5 days per week (3 weekdays plus Saturday and Sunday). Total working hours is 38 hrs per week.
Thailand’s award-winning, top international kindergarten: Kensington International Kindergarten (www.kensington.ac.th) is opening its doors to fun and passionate professionals, to work for their new and exciting venture, ‘KENSINGTON LEARNING SPACE’.
Kensington Learning Space (KLS), an offspring of the kindergarten’s success, is crafted on the concept of redefining learning experiences, coming to fruition after many years in research and planning.
It offers purpose-built, world-class facilities and handpicked programs from the best providers around the world, and will be opening early 2020 in Bangkok.
With passion in preparing children for the future, KLS exclusively offers the best programs and services, with teaching and operations facilitated solely by the Kensington team of educational experts.
At KLS, we have offered the K Aqua Space, where we will be giving swimming lessons for babies up to 9 years old. Our purpose built and pool space design is unique with first class facilities. The pool is semi indoors and specially designed for teaching swimming and is heated to 33 degrees celsius (91.4 fahrenheit). Pools with salt chlorination system and sanitisation UV provides hygienic, low odor/low irritant water.