We are a globally recognised brand with over 233 clubs in 8 countries and more than 1 million members. As part of the Virgin Group founded by Sir Richard Branson, we opened our first club in Australia in 2008 and are building an unparalleled collection of iconic locations in Sydney and Melbourne. We continue to innovate by developing a more personalised gym, multi-boutique experience and mission to provide irresistible exercise experiences.
Currently on track to open in November, Virgin Active St Leonards features a comprehensive gym floor offering with top-of-the-line equipment sourced from across the globe, and purpose-built studios for each of our boutique style group exercise experiences (Boxing, Grid-HIIT, Reformer and Yoga). It’s ideally positioned on Sydney’s Lower North Shore in the iconic St Leonards Square development (a residential, retail and lifestyle destination), approximately 400m from St Leonards train station.
You’ll oversee the gym floor and PT delivery to maximise the fitness experience for members, from strategic planning to tactical execution. You’ll work to achieve PT session volumes and penetration, and to operate within agreed expense budgets, with accountability for overall PT performance. You’ll coach, develop and motivate the fitness team to achieve agreed targets in line with the trainer journey and identify gaps and areas for further development. You’ll leverage your life experience and charismatic personality to help trainers build their sessions and be the best they can be.
You’re a raw and magnetic personality with a rock star PT reputation and 2+ year’s leadership experience. You know how to lead a team to deliver meaningful fitness experiences and encourage mindfulness of the people around you. You love a friendly plank competition. Inspiring the community to push themselves to new heights (one PT session at a time) makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. You get a kick out of getting people to those I did it! moments. You’re comfortable managing budgets and thrive on exceeding targets.
What we offer you:
- One of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands
- A culture that’s all about making exercise irresistible
- A salaried gig with performance incentive and a place on the management team
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular personal and professional development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Uniforms designed in partnership with lululemon athletica
- Fun. It’s part of our success. We prefer smiles to graphs. We like to be human rather than corporate.