Sutherland Shire Council's Leisure Centre Unit has an exciting opportunity for a Casual Squad Coach to join their team!
Things we’ll trust you with:
- You will ensure the safety and well-being of all customers utilising the Centre’s facilities.
- You’ll seek to mitigate risk and respond to emergency situations.
- You will identify, communicate and manage any WHS risks, ensuring a safe environment for yourself, colleagues and community members.
- You will be proactive, motivated and customer focussed – acting as a positive brand ambassador for the Leisure Centres, our Programs and Services.
- You will educate and promote water safety to our customers.
- You’ll be reliable, punctual and flexible in your casual availability, with casual shifts spanning 7 days of operation across any Sutherland Shire Leisure Centre.
Things you’ll do:
- You will educate and share your expertise as a teacher of competitive swimming / competitive strokes.
- You will have exceptional communication and stakeholder management capability.
- You will apply your coaching expertise to motivate, encourage and support individual development.
- You will maintain current CPR and WWC Check at all times.
- You will ensure all requirements of the position are carried out as directed by the Specialist Aquatics Operations.
- You will ensure Squad Swim Instruction standards are maintained in compliance with Sutherland Leisure Centres procedures and industry standards.
- You’ll be approachable and open - Referring requests, questions or feedback to appropriate Leisure Centre staff when required.
Things you’ll be proud of:
- You will be passionate about promoting health, fitness, wellbeing and leisure opportunities (just as much as we are)!
- Enriching the community by providing access to aquatic services.
- You will be proud of the positive impact you make for our community.
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- You will showcase Council’s values in all that you do – Collaboration, Active, Respectful, and Evolving.
- Driving and upholding the Leisure Centers’ positive brand reputation, high quality services and programs.
The fine print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by midnight 17/7/19
- Hours of work: Casual shifts available - spanning 7 day spread across all Leisure Centre locations. Available to work spread of hours between 5:00 am – 9:00 pm to support operational requirements of our Centres.
- Hourly rate: $29.40 - $37.52 per hour dependant on level of qualification and experience
- Quote this when you apply: 112-19.
Keen to learn more?
- Click on the link to Council's website to check out the Position Description.
- Reach out to Gavin Stewart (Specialist - Head Squad Coach - firstname.lastname@example.org) for any job specific enquiries.
- Alternatively, connect with Carly Ghislain (Talent Acquisition Advisor - email@example.com ) in regards to recruitment.