Do you have a natural leadership ability? If so, we want to hear from you!
We have a full-time position available for a Pool Lifeguard Team Leader to join our Aquatics team at Sydney Gymnastic & Aquatic Centre (SGAC) at West HQ.
What does a Lifeguard Team Leader do?
Our lifeguard team forms a pivotal part of our service and are required to perform a range of duties associated with the usage and maintenance of aquatic facilities to ensure the safety and orderly behaviour of patrons and the clean, hygienic and safe condition of all facilities. The lifeguard team leader will ensure that the compliance of aquatics operations are always monitored and maintained.
Who's right for the job?
You will have experience in leading a team of exceptionally driven, customer focused lifeguards to ensure the effective safe supervision of all aquatic areas, you will ensure patron safety and the efficient operation of the Aquatic Centre, including pool plant operations while providing emergency incident responses.
This is a physically demanding role that requires an energetic and enthusiastic person with a high level of personal fitness.
What you will need to be considered?
- Working with Children Check
- First Aid and CPR
- Pool Lifeguard Licence
- Pool Operations Certificate
- Strong focus on safety and education
- Ability to work with enthusiasm and professionalism
- General knowledge of the leisure/recreation industry
- History of swimming and water sport participation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to customer service
- An ability to remain effective in an ever-changing environment
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia