The primary function of the position is to support Regional Associations for matters relating to governance and administration, membership growth, strategic planning, community engagement, coach and umpire education and participation products. There will be a focus on strengthening Associations administratively and reaching membership growth targets.
In this role your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate publicity with Associations for regional Netball NSW events.
- Be a key driver of the implementation of targeted projects including Beyond the Court to improve and enhance the quality of administration of netball within Associations.
- Oversee and deliver competitions and programs including the Regional League competition; Tafe NSW Schools Cup; School Holiday Clinics; Inclusion Programs; Walking Netball and Fast 5 and NSG.
- Manage Development Officers to assist in the delivery of Community Engagement Programs, Schools Cup and School Clinics.
- Assist regional Associations with their respective participation plans with a focus on increasing participation.
- Prepare and present monthly written reports.
Attached is a Position Description with a full list of responsibilites.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You will have a current Foundation Netball Coaching accreditation (or in the process of obtaining) and proven experience in a coaching role.
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong affinity to the Netball NSW brand and culture.
- Experience in the planning, development and implementation of sport and recreation programs, in particular netball.
- Knowledge of issues relevant to disadvantaged groups within the community.
- Understand the operations and structure of Regional Associations.
- Sound Administration and MS Office Skills.
- Proven public speaking and presentation skills.
- The ability to use your initiative and work autonomously.
- A valid car driver’s license is required.
- A Current employee Working With Children Check.
- A current First Aid Certificate.
Travel is required within NSW Regional areas during weekends and for some extended stays during the week. The requirements of the working conditions will be negotiated between the Regional Development and Pathways Unit Manager and Regional Development Manager – West Central West to ensure a reasonable work-life balance.The location of the Regional Development Manager – West Central West will be determined in consultation with the successful applicant, however it is preferable that they are based in Orange.
Netball NSW is a not-for-profit organisation and is the peak state sporting organisation responsible for the governance, development, promotion and administration of netball throughout New South Wales.
Netball NSW provides the framework for over 115,000 registered members and over 100,000 school children to participate in and enjoy netball at all levels of performance throughout New South Wales. Our sport continues to grow both on and off the court and much of this success can be attributed to the wide range of programs, facilities and services Netball NSW offers to its members and participants - from the grassroots level through to the elite.