Outline of Position
The position of Head Coach at Leichhardt Rowing Club is an important leadership position. The key purpose of the role is to provide leadership to the club’s members and coaches to ensure that the club’s training efforts are targeted to achieve the best possible results for the club. The focus of the role will be on working with the existing coaches and squads across the club to develop and execute training programs to help each squad meet it’s objectives for the season. There may be a need for the head coach to take on the coaching of specific individual crews for a period of time, however the general expectation is that this role will not be required to coach individual squads but rather have oversight of the club’s entire program.
About Leichhardt Rowing Club
Leichhardt Rowing Club was established in 1886. The first clubhouse was opened by Sir Henry Parkes in 1887. The club has played a significant part in rowing across Sydney and New South Wales since that time with many notable achievements and successes. Currently, the club has in excess of 250 members who vary from juniors to masters and recreational rowers to competitive athletes that compete at state and national championships.
In addition, the Leichhardt Rowing Club has a proud history of sharing our current rowing shed with Pymble Ladies College, who have a very successful school rowing program. It is expected that the successful applicant will contribute positively to help continue to grow our relationship with PLC.
- Act as a leader to the club’s members and provide direction to the club’s various squads and squad leaders.
- Positively contribute to developing an inclusive culture that values safety, camaraderie and hard work through leading by example.
- Develop targeted training programs in consultation with the club’s various squads that cover juniors, grade and masters programs.
- Provide rowing technical advice to the club’s members and volunteer coaches.
- Develop and help execute a coaching development program for Leichhardt’s coaches to ensure that the standard of coaching is consistent across the club and improves over time.
- Assist in training individual squads in conjunction with the relevant squad leaders and coaches.
- Assist in selecting squads and the composition of boats for targeted regattas as required.
- Minimum Level 2 Rowing Australia Coaching Accreditation.
- NSW General boat licence and working with children check.
- Demonstrated and significant experience coaching a variety of rowing crews.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully selecting and preparing crews for regattas.
- This is a part-time position requiring approximately 20-25hrs/week.
- This will be a paid position, salary and other conditions will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
All interested applicants are invited to forward an application along with an outline of their relevant experience to email@example.com by the 28th of July, 2019. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will commence in their position at the end of August, 2019.