The Melbourne Cricket Club has the public responsibility of managing one of the largest and the most successful stadiums in Australia and the world – the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). The MCG is host to more than 70 major events annually, attracting over three million patrons and visitors. Exceptional customer service plays a crucial role in providing a memorable experience to all visitors.
Due to an internal promotion, a great role has become available for an Executive Manager, Event Operations in the Venue and Event Services department. This department is responsible for the planning and delivery of all major events staged at the MCG. Reporting to the General Manager, Venue & Event Services, this role’s responsibilities are divided into three key areas:
- Lead, manage and develop a high performing team
- Lead and drive continuous improvement
- Customer focused with exceptional event planning and delivery
The key responsibilities are to:
- Have strategic oversight and leadership of the customer service delivery of all major events staged at the MCG
- Lead the Events Team to deliver successful and safe events staged at the MCG
- Review existing event day systems, staffing, processes and business-wide operations to drive greater efficiencies and an improved customer experience in the end to end planning and delivery of events
- Working with the People & Culture team, oversight of customer service project action plan in conjunction with Project Control Group
- Managing and meet budgetary requirements
To be successful for this role, you will have significant event or venue management and operations experience with a clear strength in driving continuous improvement, project delivery and a strong customer focus. In addition you would have demonstrated leadership and relationship management skills dealing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
You will also need to have:
- Experience coaching, mentoring and supporting a diverse group of direct reports with varying skills and experience
- Excellent presentation skills – both verbal and written communication
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills with an eye for detail
- Demonstrated change management skills and including influencing skills
- Planning and coordination capabilities and developing strategic plans, structures and systems
Appropriate tertiary qualifications (e.g. business/commercial, events) is desirable
For a detailed description of the role please refer click on the to the position description link above.
Please note: The incumbent in this role will also assume the role of Senior Event Manager on nominated event days and, as such, flexibility in hours is required (this will include weekend/s).