We are seeking an experienced Strength & Conditioning Specialist for a fixed term full-time position from August 2019 to 31 July 2020. You will be part of the HPSNZ Strength & Conditioning team based at the Rowing New Zealand High Performance Centre at Lake Karapiro. The role will involve working specifically with Rowing athletes from development to elite level. There may also be occasional domestic and international travel required as part of the role.
We are looking for someone with:
- a passion for strength and conditioning
- excellent communication skills
- an ability to develop successful relationships with elite coaches and athletes
- a proven experience in making positive contributions to athletes
- an ability to work collaboratively within and contribute positively to our athlete support team
It is preferred that you have at least 3 - 5 years' experience within high performance sporting environments and hold a current ASCA (or equivalent) accreditation. Post Graduate qualifications are desired but not essential.
This is a fast paced and busy environment, so if you are a person with bundles of energy, focus, and a passion for sport, then this is the next role for you.
HPSNZ's vision is to inspire the nation through more New Zealanders winning on the world stage at Olympic/Paralympic Games and World Championships with a focus on targeted sports. To help make this happen our dedicated team of professionals are providing world-class support to our country's elite athletes.
Applications close on Friday 19 July 2019.