Job No: BC1301
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
We are looking for positive, motivated and charismatic service professionals to join the team at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope as Casual Service Advisors.
The role includes:
- Providing exceptional customer service in a high paced community oriented environment
- Communicate clear & accurate information to a variety of patrons and clients in a manner which showcases the centre and our commitment to the customer experience.
As a Casual Service Advisor you will have a positive outlook and a strong customer oriented attitude as well as broad and extensive knowledge of all our facilities, services, procedures, and, systems.
If you have customer service experience and a “can do” attitude then this is the role for you!
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Blacktown Leisure Centre, Stanhope is our flagship leisure facility located in Stanhope Gardens. The Centre opened its doors in 2003 and since then has attracted over 13 million visitors offering the community the latest in an exciting range of health, fitness, aquatic, leisure and recreational programs and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in a busy customer-based environment
- Cash handling experience and/or operation of point of sale system.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly rate applies at $25.7974 (Grade 3, Level 1) plus 25% casual loading and penalty rates apply for weekend shifts
- Trainee rates apply for applicants under 19 years of age
- Employee benefits such as 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Best of luck.