The Western Australian Institute of Sport (WAIS) has an opportunity for an Athletics Performance Manager to join a World Class Sports Institute that values People and Excellence.
This role is to provide best practice advice, system support management to State and National athletics coaches with the goal of enhancing the performances of Australian athletes.
The role will provide leadership and management within the Western Australian and National Athletics scene in the following three areas of responsibility:
- Performance Manager for Current NASS/WAIS athletes
- Leadership of the Athletics High Performance Pathway in WA
- AA High Performance and National Event Group Leadership
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Athletics Australia (or similar national federation of IAAF) Accredited Coach
- Experience in the leadership of a high performance team.
- Experience working within an intra-disciplinary athletics High Performance system.
- Significant national and international athletics coaching experience, including leading and managing a team of personal coaches.
- Experience making informed and difficult decisions, handling conflict management situations and delivering messages under pressure.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Drivers Licence
- WA Working with Children’s Clearance
- First Aid & CPR Qualification
- Level 2 ASADA Accreditation
- Successful completion of National Integrity in Sport Unit "Keep Sport Honest" Anti-match fixing education components
- Relevant Tertiary qualification (coaching, management, education)
This is an 18 month contract ending 31 December 2020, with extension subject to performance and operational need.
Salary is from $96,970 to $102,848 and will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Applicants are required to submit a one page cover letter along with their resume outlining their experience against the position description found at http://www.wais.org.au/other/employment.php
For further information please contact Jo Richards at email@example.com
To apply, please visit the WAIS website http://www.wais.org.au/other/employment.php and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 9am on Friday 19 July 2019.