To lead and manage the review of operations at National and State level with a view to the successful transition of the One Management project within Triathlon to implementation into the operational areas of One Strategy, One Finance and One Workforce. To lead change management activity across the sport (incorporating the NSOs, all SSOs and Triathlon Australia) to manage the transition to the full implementation of the One Management operating model.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Review the process of transitioning to a One Management operating model within triathlon, incorporating the NSOs, all SSOs and Triathlon Australia, including:
- The development and oversight of specific project plans to achieve the specified operational areas;
- Managing the interface with relevant stakeholders to secure the delivery of One Management outcomes and realisation of benefits;
- Identifying and managing any impact on operational areas and provide solutions which enable triathlon to maintain business continuity during the transition process;
- Managing the project budget.
Delivering Outcomes. Responsible to the CEO for ensuring that the One Management project outcomes are realised, including:
- Supporting the CEO in the definition of benefits and defining appropriate measure to assess benefits realisation;
- Writing refining, updating project plans and undertaking regular reviews to assess the project progress and ensure the achievement of the One Management model.
Stakeholder Management, including:
- Communicating with Senior Managements and Board of the NSO, each SSO and Triathlon Australia to keep them up to date with the progress, issues and developments in the implementation of the One Management model.
- Communicating with staff affected of the One Management Model.
Managing the transition of change in the business. Working with operational managers across the NSO, SSO and Triathlon Australia to embed changes within the business, including:
- Developing and monitoring a specific project plan for the described areas to a One Management model;
- Identifying what changes in processes, procedures and practices are needed to deliver the One
- Management model;
- Meeting with stakeholders and staff to identify potential problem areas and ensuring that the CEO has the necessary information to communicate changes and their impact.
Management of change team for the project. Leadership of change management activity across the sport and into business operations, including with representatives of the NSO, SSOs and Triathlon Australia.
Measurement and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the achievement of the One Management model.
Sport Australia Liaison. Primarily responsible for maintaining liaison and Sport Australia on the project, including:
- Providing regular written updates on the project progress, and a final report at the completion of the One Management project;
- Attendance at Sport Australia forums as required.
As determined throughout development of project plans.
Required Skills & Experience
- Qualifications in sports management, change management or equivalent.
- Previous Change or Transition experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Thorough understanding of the Australian sports industry, and in particular triathlon.
- High level written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to present to and influence Senior and Executive and Boards.