This is an amazing opportunity to further develop your skills in sports management working for an iconic Australian organisation. You will be providing support to the Sports Manager to ensure effective implementation of development programs are provided to Surf Sports athletes and coaches throughout NSW.
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s peak water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 76,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and member development.
- Coordinate various athlete & coach pathway programmes, clinics and team;
- Develop surf sports participation project plans (for athletes, coaches and officials) using an evidence based approach;
- Provide operational and administrative support to sports events.
Essential Experience Required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Sports Management, Sports Development, Coaching (or related discipline) or equivalent experience;
- Excellent communication skills including report and document writing;
- Project management experience;
- Flexible attitude to work as regular weekend work required.
Understanding of Surf Life Saving competition and experience in a similar role is an advantage.
Location: Surf Life Saving NSW Headquarters – Belrose
Position: Full time
Closing date for applications: 21st July 2019