Mitchelton Youth Club Inc seeks a suitably qualified person to join our coaching staff within the role of Coaching Director. This role also includes coaching in the WAG, MAG, GFA, Freeg (ninja), Trampoline or Acrobatic Gymnastics disciplines.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Manage the apparatus rotation roster
- Conduct coaching meetings of one per discipline per term to provide feedback to coaches on educational opportunities and collect information for management on coach's requirements to ensure that they have the resources and training they need to perform their coaching duties in an efficient manner.
- Prepare a report monthly to be tabled at the MYC management meeting relating to feedback from coaches on needs for resources, training, successas at competition or any other matter the coaches require help with.
- Liase with coaches on MYC curriculum and class structures. Submit changes to the Manager for approval.
Human Resource Management
- To educate, foster and promote a commitment to member service and excellence in Sport practices to MYC coaching staff
- To procide leadership, advice and guidance to staff as required supporting organisation guidelines and practices
- Provide timely and efficient dispute resolution if required in accordance with the Mitchelton Youth Club Behaviour Management Policy.
- Follow through complaints from coaches/parents/members to ensure reolution is achieved
- Report to Mitchelton Youth Club Inc management regarding any unsatisfactory performance of staff together with recommendations.
- Provide support to coaches in relation to education opportunites
- Oversee staff training and accrediation requirements of MYC coaching staff and junior progression program.
- Lisase with coaching staff to identiy any breach of safety relating to the equipment, premises or coaching practices together with recommendation for improvement.
- Encourage an open environment with mutual respect between coaches, members and all MYC staff and volunteers.
Occupational Health and Safety
- Report to MYC management any breach of safety relating to the equipment, premises or coaching practices together with recommendation for improvement.
HIGH PERFORMANCE BEHAVIOURS
Communication - Maintain a positive and confident manner when communicating to others. Check understanding and acceptance. Communicate ideals and information effectively.
Continuous improvement for excellence - Strong desire to excel at whatever task is at hand, seeking to achieve high levels of professionalism member service and quality standards. Identify opportuniates for improvement and actively co-operate to accomodate and implement change initiatives to improve member service. Foster an environment that encourages participation of all in the MYC mission statement.
Achieving results / Team leadership - The coaching deirector has a key function in our organisation, in order to do this they must be able to focus on priorities and remain positive when under pressure. THe coaching director will seek to generate enthusiasm, set direction, build morale and promote talent from fellow coaches.
Team Work - Show courtesy, respect and encourage and supports the contributions of others in achieving team goals. Works with others in the club to ensure effective working relationships and challenges behaviour that does not support the clubs goals.
Mitchelton Youth Club is committed to ensuring that the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children are maintained at all times during their particpation in activites run by MYC. Mitchelton Youth Club promotes a safe environment for all children and all assist all staff, officials, coaches, members and volunteer to recofnise child abuse and neglect and follow the appropriate notification procedures when reporting alleged abuse.
All staff and volunteers are required to hold a Working with Children / Qld Blue Card at all times whilst employed at Mitchelton Youth Club.
For further information and relevant Position Description please contact MYC Club Manager Jacinda on (07) 3355 7900 or email@example.com
The Mitchelton Youth Club (MYC) has been a member of the community for over 60 years. We are a not-for- profit community organisation. All senior coaches employed by the Club are fully accredited and nationally registered members of their respective sporting organisations. We also have an on-going staff training scheme in place to ensure that the Club's future programming needs are met. Coaches are required to upgrade their qualifications annually.
MYC is one of the few clubs in the State to offer a curriculum which enables a child to start at Kindergym and progress to high levels in numerous sports. We are also in the position to offer interrelated sports. For example, your child may combine Gymnastics with Tumbling or Trampoline Sports.