- Work for Australia's strategic high performance sporting agency
- Exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment
The Australian Institute of Sport is responsible for leading and enabling a united high-performance system that supports Australian athletes to achieve podium success. The Sport Strategy and Investment Team is responsible for system and sport-specific data and strategic analysis, to enable NSOs to develop future focused medal winning performance strategies. The Team assesses the potential of sports to deliver against their strategy to inform the allocation of performance investment, in addition to providing AIS effort, expertise and resources to support priority campaign plans.
Working as part of a wider team of consultants, the Performance Pathway Scientist will play a key role in collaborating with NSOs to build future focused performance pathway investment strategies. They will support sports in the development, coordination and delivery of strategies to establish contemporary and sport-relevant performance pathways that identify, develop, support and progress talented athletes to achieve medal winning performances in the future.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree and/or higher qualification in applied Sports Science (Physiology, Performance Analysis or Skill Acquisition) or Sports Medicine.
- Demonstrated experience in managing or implementing athlete development pathway initiatives within high performance programs.
- Demonstrated experience working in high performance sport including frontline work to support (or in the role of) athletes, coaches and program directors.
- Extensive understanding of the field of talent identification and/or athlete development.
- Demonstrated experience in the practical application of the science of the elite developing athlete in order to produce performance progression and impact.
- Strong and adaptable communication skills with the ability to drive network engagement and to gain confidence and respect with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to form and contribute to cohesive, collaborative and outcome driven cross organisational project teams.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide timely, compelling and concise advice to inform senior management to support decision making.
- Demonstrated record of providing project leadership and management to achieve high personal and team performance and meet organisational and business objectives.
Dependent on skills, qualifications and experience of the successful applicant the Performance Pathway Scientist may be appointed to either a Grade 5 or 6 position.
Grade 5 - $90,203 – 103,998 per annum + up to 15.4% superannuation.
Grade 6 - $106,121 – 125,222 per annum + up to 15.4% superannuation.
Employment benefits include access to priority onsite Childcare placements, free parking facilities and use of on-site gymnasium at the AIS site in Canberra.
Applications close 5.00pm AEST Thursday 27 June 2019 (no late applications will be accepted).
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
To apply for this position please down load the above attachment and then click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applicants will need to upload their CV/Resume and then complete the online Application for Employment form.
If you have any questions after reading the Job Description please contact Anna Longman on 0420 452 966 for a confidential discussion, quoting JN 1876
If you experience any technical issues please contact People & Culture on (02) 6214 1328.