- Make you mark in Australia's leading strategic high performance sports
- Make your mark in an exciting and challenging work environment
- Develop community programs, and resources for Australia's athletes
The AIS is responsible for leading and enabling a united high performance system that supports Australia’s current and aspiring Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games athletes to achieve podium success.
The AIS Athlete Wellbeing and Engagement (AW&E) Branch leads the system’s development and delivery of services designed to improve an athletes’ ability to effectively navigate critical points throughout and beyond their sporting career.
As the Community Engagement Adviser, you will form part of a high energy and performance based team striving to develop, initiate and embed community based programs into Australia’s elite sporting system. These programs can use existing stakeholder relationships, resources, and frameworks, however, you will be required to think creatively and innovatively to develop your own ‘tools’ and ideas to succeed in the role.
You will need to build effective and meaningful relationships with key stakeholders, including; National Sporting Organisations, National Institute Network, community and charity groups, internal colleagues, Sport Australia staff, and most importantly, elite athletes within our AIS system.
The Community Engagement Adviser will form part of the AIS Athlete Wellbeing and Engagement team. The AW&E’s vision is to create an environment where “Australian athletes can learn, thrive and contribute to the community during their time in high-performance sport and life afterwards”.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team
- Thrives in challenging environments and situations
- Ability to show initiative and work independently
- Effective communicator able to build meaningful and respectful relationships
- Can think innovatively and outside the box, and deliver on those ideas
- Appreciates the demands and pressures of an elite athlete
- Demonstrated experience of developing unique and interesting athlete, and/or community, and/or charity programs
- Connectedness to the community, and understand the value community groups and programs play in society
- Can prioritise the needs and requirements of AIS and AW&E
The position is located in Canberra (other location may be considered depending on applications) for a fixed term until 30th June 2021
Salary = $90 203 - $103 998 per annum + up to 15.4% superannuation.
Applications close 5.00pm AEST Thursday 27th June 2019 (no late applications will be accepted).
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
To apply for this position please down load the above attachment and then click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applicants will need to upload their CV/Resume and then complete the online Application for Employment form.
If you have any questions after reading the Job Description please contact Adam Woolnough on 0410549559 for a confidential discussion, quoting reference number JN 1873.
If you experience any technical issues please contact People & Culture on (02) 6214 1328.