ONE Casey comprises of two state of the art Aquatic & Recreation facilities including Casey ARC in Narre Warren & Casey RACE in Cranbourne. Two of Melbourne's best health and recreation facilities which include 50 meter swimming pool, program pool, toddler pool, hydrotherapy pool, spa, sauna, steam room and wave pool, a fully equipped health club area, extensive group fitness timetable and programs that cater to older adults and children.
Key Elements of the Role
YMCA Swim Teachers are an essential component in the delivery of YMCA Swimming Lessons, which run morning, school hours, evening & weekends. Swim Teachers are required to maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of YMCA aquatic programs, educational trends and industry development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Ability to work as an active team member, efficient customer service, friendly mannerism, punctual, reliable, trustworthy and commitment to shifts.
- Qualified swim teacher.
- Must have own transport.
- Must be available to work Mon-Sun & School Holidays. (Weekends Essential)
- Teaching experience preferred.
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or equivalent
- AUSTSWIM Extension- Teacher of Infant & Preschool Aquatics (Desirable)
- AUSTSWIM Extension- Teacher of Access & Inclusion (Desirable)
- Working with Children Check
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (To be completed upon successful appointment)