At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The Kensington Community Recreation Centre (KRC) is an important community facility, managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with City of Melbourne. The facility is a venue for our local community to be active regardless of age, City of Melbourne. The facility is a venue for our local community to be active regardless of age, gender, culture or ability - making it easier for everyone to participate.
The Centre offers a broad range of facilities which provide physical wellness activities, services, events and programs to the community including:
- Indoor Aquatic facility 25m Pool, Learners Pool & Toddlers Pool
- Health Club, Group fitness, Group and Personal Training
- Indoor sports hall with programs including Soccer, Basketball and Netball
- Dry programs Area featuring a Large Function Room with Dancefloor and Stage
- Multi-purpose meeting room
- Other satellite facilities including:
- Kensington banks Tennis Courts
- Kensington Community Gardens
- Kensington Skate Park
Key Elements of the Role
The Customer Service Officer is the face of our organisation and as such it is critical that Customer Service staff display a commitment and belief in the mission of the YMCA. In addition to providing all customers with the highest possible level of service, Customer Service staff will be inclusive and tolerant and will at all times recognise and respect an individual’s gender, race, age, culture, ethnicity, class, religion or disability.
- Shows initiative with acting upon centre needs, staffing requirements and sales processes.
- Strong time management and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Work both autonomously and as part of a team?
- Senior (Level 2) First Aid
- Working With Children Check
- ACF SCYP Certificate
(Qualifications may be obtained upon appointment)
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.