Sunnybank Rugby Union Club – Director of Rugby Operations
SBRC – Sunnybank, Brisbane
Sunnybank Rugby Club was founded in 1969 and is celebrating their golden anniversary as a premier rugby club. Our club has over 450 juniors playing in Brisbane Junior Rugby Union (BJRU) competitions with scores of junior players being selected in regional and state representative teams. Our seniors total nearly 250 players representing Sunnybank in the Queensland Premier Rugby competition including the Hospital Cup premier grade. Our successes on the field has resulted in Sunnybank producing several Super Rugby and Wallabies players. Our values which is the foundation of our club is “a place for everyone”. A senior role to further develop our success both on and off the field is now available.
The Director of Rugby Operations is responsible for leading and managing the implementation of strategies to grow the club, represent Sunnybank Rugby at QRU and BJRU meetings (as required), engaging with stakeholders at all levels of the Club to build long term and revenue generation relationships.
The role will involve the design and implementation of programmes in both the senior and junior club, with a focus on player recruitment and retention, implementation of coach development programmes, liaising with volunteers, and be responsible for leading the club by attending and coordinating club events that include but are not limited to training camps and match functions.
This position reports to the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors and works closely together to achieve the strategic goals of the Club, while managing a small operations team to get the best outcomes for the Club.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong experience in leading and managing a multidisciplinary team within a sports and recreation environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills enabling you to negotiate and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders including, the Board, community groups and volunteers
- Successful operational experience in delivering effective planning, development and management of community sports facilities
- Managing and implementing a successful change process as well as strategy implementation
- An understanding of the development of rugby union programmes and how the sport operates in Queensland
- Financial management skills with exposure to budgets, revenue generation income and expense management experience
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to resolve/manage conflict and mitigate risks
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills regarding impacts on complex operational and service delivery issues.
Tertiary qualification in business, sports management and/or equivalent experience relating to the role will be highly regarded.
Applicants also need to have the following requirements:
- A current blue card to work with children or be able to obtain one before placement
- Current Australian Open driver's licence
- Accreditation in Smart Rugby and at a minimum Level 2 coach.
This is a unique opportunity to make a positive contribution to our Sunnybank Community Club. We invite you to apply now.
Applications to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org