A wonderful opportunity exists for a dynamic, motivated professional with excellent gym and fitness facility experience to lead the Dry Recreation Team. As a senior member, reporting directly to the Manager, you will play a lead role in the running and development of the Centres. This role will allow you to work across three centres that are recognised as industry leaders.
This unique and challenging role is expected to receive and deal with enquiries, implement effective programs and services, develop and implement procedures, prepare and monitor budgets, develop visitation data, produce monthly reports and supervise and train staff. The Dry Recreation Department includes Group Fitness Instructors, Rehabilitation staff, Child-minding staff, a Facility Supervisor and Exercise Specialists.
- Formal Tertiary Qualifications related to the industry - Human Movement, Exercise Sports Science, Leisure/Recreation or equivalent.
- Substantial experience in a similar role.
- Experience with facility management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in program development & implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing budgets.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision. (minimum 5 years)
- Demonstrated practical experience in the field of dry recreation program and service provision.
- Marketing experience.
- Driver’s License – Class 1A.
- Resuscitation Certificate.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Working with Children check.
Full details of the position and essential requirements are supplied in the position description.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 38 hours per week between 5am -11pm Monday to Sunday. Commencing and finishing times will be flexible and depend on operational needs.
- This position is a Grade 6, with a commencing salary of $79,050 p.a.
- A Uniform is provided.
- A Mobile Telephone is provided.
- A Motor Vehicle benefit is available.
FURTHER CONTACTS: A position description is available by contacting Maree Holmes or Diana Stojanoska on 9725-2333 or from Council’s Website.
Further enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Manager - Showground, Golf Course & Leisure Centres, Mr. Ross Wilson, on 9725 2333.
CLOSING DATE: Applications close 5pm, Thursday 4 July 2019.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online, visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860