- Job No: BC1273
- Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council
About the opportunity
We are looking for a motivated and experienced individual to join the team at Blacktown Aquatic Centre as Service Administrator.
You will be responsible for the daily activities associated with the service and administration areas. This includes:
- administrative tasks and coordinating the operations of the reception and kiosk areas
- accurate data entry and recording of centre users through the centres software systems
- managing the centre bookings including liaising with customers, booking confirmation and relevant accounting
- coordinating the procurement of all supplies and the processing of invoices for expenses using Council’s finance system
- coordinating the training, development, performance and feedback associated with reception and kiosk staff
The applicant needs to have strong computer literacy, has the ability work as part of a team, experience in accounts receivable and payable, ability to attend to all matters in efficient timeframes and previous experience in a similar role.
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Key Venues team at Blacktown City Council.
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Blacktown Aquatic Centre offers aquatic and recreational facilities, as well as innovative programs to meet the needs of a fast growing and diverse community. The centre boasts an indoor and outdoor 50m heated pool, heated toddler pool, large outdoor grassed areas, skate ramps, café, health & fitness services including a gymnasium, fitness studio and crèche. Annually the centre hosts over 50 swimming carnivals, accommodates the local schools aquatic programs and is home to 10 swimming organisations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant (qualifications) in a related field
- Extensive experience in a customer service roles
- Current class C driver's licence
- Current First Aid qualification.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations
- Computer literate
- Ability to work flexible working hours.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,045.80 - $1,171.30 (Grade 5) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Best of luck.