- Job No: BC1274
- Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for passionate and experienced people to join the team at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope as Lifestyle Advisors.
The role includes:
- Offering guidance to visitors and prospective visitors to the venue on the benefits of general exercise, but more specifically in participation in classes and exercise programs run at the Centre.
- Communication of potential benefits, and pricing to the visitor and potential visitor of regular attendance through the various membership programs that are available.
- Processing membership sales, renewals, adjustments and other member related activities.
If you prioritise great customer service, and have experience in fitness membership sales, then this is the role for you!
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope was awarded the best in the “Fitness Services” category of the 2017 Blacktown Local Business Awards. The health and fitness centre includes cardio and strength equipment, aqua, cycle and fitness classes as well as a squash court.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in a sales program within a similar environment
- Experience in the development and implementation of sales, membership services, members events and loyalty programs
- Experience in computers and database management
- Experience working both within a team environment and as a ‘self-starter’
Remunerations and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly rate applies at $25.0447 (Grade 3, Level 1) plus 25% casual loading and penalty rates apply for weekend shifts
- Trainee rates apply for applicants under 19 years of age
- Employee benefits such as 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Best of luck.