Activities Officer - Glebe Leichhardt
Are you looking for a role in an organisation that not only gives back to the community, but has a strong brand that has been around for over 80 years? Police Citizens Youth Clubs NSW is committed to empowering youth by working with the Police and the community.
- Six month Fixed Term contract - 20 hours per week
- Exciting opportunity to join a well-known not for profit organisation
- $22.63 per hour + super
At Glebe-Leichhardt PCYC we’re well known for our youth programs, designed to assist local kids to stay safe, active and heading in the right direction. We also have a fantastic mix of activities for the whole community, including basketball competitions, sports coaching, group fitness and a very affordable gym, all within close proximity to Sydney CBD.
We are now looking for an Activity Officer to join our team and continue delivering the range of exciting sports programs and activities within our Club.
To join our team, you will have:
- Certificate IV in Fitness or formal Sports Coaching qualifications
- Previous experience coordinating and refereeing basketball competitions
- Previous experience coaching and leading young people in sports and recreation activities
- Confident in coaching / coordinating activities for groups of 15-20 young people
- Excellent customer service with a passion for Health, Fitness and sports
- Availability to work across varied shifts including mornings, afternoons and school holidays
Please apply via our website www.pcycnsw.org.au/careers. Please note, applications will only be accepted via website.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check number and undertake a NSW Police Security Check. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Why you should apply:
If you have a passion for sport, recreation and youth engagement the PCYC, established in 1937, will provide a vibrant environment for you to challenge yourself with meaningful work.
Our staff benefit from salary packaging to increase your take home pay, affordable health insurance, uniforms and access to a wide range of training.
We get young people active in life
We develop their skills, character and Leadership
We reduce and prevent crime by and against young people