The Carlton Baths is an important community facility, managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with City of Melbourne. It has a history expanding 100 years. The Centre offers a broad range of facilities which provide physical and wellness activities, services, events and programs to a diverse community including:
- One Court Stadium
- Health Club
- Group Fitness Room
- Cycle Studio
- Multi Purpose / Personal Training Rooms / High Performance Zone
- Seasonal Outdoor 25m Pool and Toddler Pool
The building also houses the City of Melbourne Family Services (for which there is no direct management responsibility) however the need to foster a close working relationship with this team is essential.
Key Elements of the Role
Carlton Baths is looking for an enthusiastic Personal Trainer/Health Club Instructor to join the team. Carlton Baths has experienced a large amount of growth in the past 12 months and is looking for someone who wants to build a personal training clientele as well as work steady, regular hours on Gym Floor prescribing programs to our members. This role will also offer opportunity to take small group training sessions to the right applicant.
The position is for 10 to 15 hours per fornight however is negotiable. Classes and personal training are outside of these hours and paid at a different rate.?
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
- Demonstrates motivation and commitment to perform to their best
- Accepts personal accountability for workplace actions and consequences to better influence
- Knowledge of organisational vision and belief
- Undertakes set up and pack up using correct manual handling procedures where rostered.
- Capable of anticipating and responding to more difficult customer queries
- Confidently and where appropriate interacts with others providing effective and respectful direction, feedback and support
- Understanding of the YMCA including other programs and functions at a centre level
- Clearly demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal and professional development (e.g. attends all training)
Knowledge and Experience
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a diverse range of customers in age, culture, fitness histories and other backgrounds
- Specialist injury management knowledge (e.g. medical conditions, disabilities) will be highly regarded
- Working With Children Check
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Certificate III & IV in fitness or equivalent
- Fitness registration
- First aid and CPR
- Satisfactory y National Criminal History Record Check
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.