At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The Oak Park Sports and Aquatic Centre, after a $27.3 million redevelopment was completed in September 2018. Oak Park Sports and Aquatic Centre offers a state of art 24 hour gym and spinning studio as well as a multipurpose and group fitness room. The seasonal outdoor aquatic area comprises of a heated 50 metre pool, 20m learn to swim pool, two waterslides and a children's waterplay pool with water features and slide. The Centre is open all year round with the aquatic areas open from 1 October through to 30 April and all pools heated.
Key Elements of the Role
Seeking motivated, organised and pro-active Duty Managers to come and join the Oak Park team and work with great people in a great work environment. Duty Managers will maintain a broad knowledge of centre programs and services whilst at the same time managing the following functions whilst on shift; customer service, safety, staff rosters and breaks, plant operations, cash balancing, customer education and general maintenance and cleaning.
The Duty Manager will be responsible for the supervision of all areas within the facility and ensuring rostered staff maintain high professional standards as well as responding to all emergencies.
Duty Managers must be available to work a variety of shifts including a minimum of two weekend shifts per month and available during January school holidays.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
- Promotes and accepts personal accountability to better influence
- Provides continuous feedback and clarity of messages within the team
- Supports a culture of continuous learning and development across the team
- Works autonomously under general supervision, where they are responsible for shift management of a medium to large branch when generally there is not a more senior staff member present
- Ensuring Branch functions are fully compliant with best practice procedures, industry guidelines and legislative requirements
- Proactively suggests ideas and solutions to improve operation and performance of branch
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledgeable and skilled in all aspects of plant and Branch operational aspects
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Legislation is an advantage
- Previous experience in a similar facility in a supervisory role (desirable)
- Performs in a way that inspires and motivates the team to do their best
- Ability to work autonomously & within a team
- Ability to manage and lead staff
- Ability to proactively problem solve with the intention to improver operation on Centre Performance
- Persuasion and conflict management skills
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
HLCPR201A Perform CPR
HLT A!D003 Provide First Aid
Pool Lifeguard Award
PUAOPE010C Defibrillator (AED)
May require Pool Operators Level 1 & 2
Required prior to commencement
- Working with Children Check or Equivalent
- Australian Children's Foundation Online Safeguarding Children Certificate
- Satisfactory National Criminal History Records Check, and International Police Records Check (if applicable)
A copy of all current qualifications must be sent through with the application