At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
Oak Park Sports and Aquatic Centre, after a $27.3 million redevelopment was completed in September 2018. The Oak Park Sports and Aquatic Centre offers a state of art 24 hour gym and spinning studio as well as a multipurpose and group fitness room. The seasonal outdoor aquatic area comprises of a heated 50 metre pool, 20m learn to swim pool, two waterslides and a children's waterplay pool with water features and slide. The Centre is open all year round with the aquatic areas open from 1 October through to 30 April and all pools heated.
Key Elements of the Role
Pool Lifeguards at the Active Moreland Outdoor Pools take on a much greater responsibility than simply supervising water space. As well as identifying potential risk factors & taking steps to reduce those risks, lifeguards will act as positive role models in an effort to build strong people, strong families and strong communities. Successful lifeguards will be able to provide the highest level of supervision whilst maintaining a fun and safe environment for all. Staff must be available to work a variety of shifts including a minimum of two weekend shifts per month and available during January school holidays.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
- Demonstrates motivation and commitment to perform to their best
- Accepts personal accountability for workplace actions and consequences to better influence
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere by engaging all people in a friendly and approachable manner
- Works as part of a team and shows professionalism
Knowledge and Experience
- Customer Service Experience will be highly regarded
- Experience in the Aquatics and Leisure industry will be highly regarded
- Being able to manage conflicts with patrons and users
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to stay calm and make decisions under pressure
- Providing excellent customer service for all members and guests
- Being proactive with presentation of the facility
- Punctual in both attendance on shift and attendance at staff meetings
- Immediately responds to customers' needs or concerns
- Flexible to work early mornings, evenings and weekends in an effort to share the workload
- Sets an example for parents by interacting, communicating, guiding, and setting clear boundaries and expectations for children in healthy and respectful ways
- AO Lifeguard Cert
- HLTAID003 Apply first aid or equivalent
- HLTAID001 Perform CPR or equivalent
- Working with Children Check
- Defibrillator Qualification (desirable)
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young people training (completed after selection prior to employment)
A copy of all current qualifications must be sent through with the application.
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information.