At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
Kingswim is a brand through which the YMCA teaches over 25,000 kids every week to be competent and safe in and around the water. Employing more than 900 staff Australia wide, Kingswim operate over 19 learn-to-swim centres across metropolitan Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast. Our centres are landmarks in their local communities and become community hubs for families and children in the local area. Our aim is to provide optimal learning conditions for young swimmers and their families, delivered by awesome swim teachers! The leadership of our staff team is a key part of this service.
Key Elements of the Role
The Assistant Centre Manager's role within Kingswim is a leadership position that directly supports the Centre Manager . It is essential that they deliver a high level of organisation to support the key management team and demonstrate a desire to provide outstanding customer service and drive business growth.
The Assistant Centre Manager will take direction from the Centre Manager and be highly skilled in leadership and forward planning.
- High level communication and customer satisfaction
- Conflict resolution and management within a team environment
- High level interpersonal leadership skills and the ability to generate engagement at all levels
- Organisation, scheduling, and coordination of teams
- Solutions focussed problem solving ability
- Effective time management
- Facilities maintenance and plant room operations
- Health, Safety, & Environment knowledge
- Industry relevant experience: eg., management, customer service, education, recreation, aquatics, marketing, early childhood education
- Facilities Management
- Extended hours business operations – 7 day service operations
Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
Current First Aid and CPR certificate
Working With Vulnerable People Card
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.