Reporting to the GM - Venue and Events, the Event Manager’s mission is to deliver world-class events that promote Netball Queensland and the Queensland Firebirds, creating an exceptional event day experience for our netball community.
You will be focused on building strong relationships and working collaboratively to deliver events and activities including our beloved Queensland Firebirds matches, fan days and member experiences. You will also manage the delivery of all netball competitions and events across Queensland, with a strong focus on creating memorable event day experiences for all.
Your opportunity is to elevate netball events in Queensland, to lead by example, to challenge and be challenged; learn, grow and achieve as part of our team.
The key areas of responsibility for the Event Manager include, but are not limited to:
Queensland Firebirds Events
- Manage Firebirds game days (up to seven a year):
- Deliver all facets of the Suncorp Super Netball League match day in line with the relevant guidelines, policies and game day operations.
- Secure and schedule venue access for the Suncorp Super Netball League home rounds.
- Manage logistics and installation of equipment to support the home game match days including sport equipment, promotional products, signage, AV, catering, entertainment and staffing.
- Liaise with venues to ensure venue specification compliance, equipment, operational and staff and volunteer requirements are met.
- Lead on all event budgeting and analysis to ensure all events are delivered within budget.
- Liaise with Netball Australia regarding all operational game day and season requirements.
- Lead within Netball Queensland on the delivery of world class events which include areas of media, partners, teams and corporate sales.
- Manage the recruitment and training of volunteers for events.
- Manage the delivery of a season launch, gala dinner and fan day that optimises the profile and support for the Firebirds brand, in conjunction with the marketing strategy.
- Manage the delivery of finals series matches in conjunction with Netball Australia when in Queensland.
Netball Queensland Competitions and Events
- Implement structure and lead in the event delivery space for all of Netball Queensland 's signature competitions and events:
- Sapphire Series
- ANL home rounds
- Queensland Premier League
- Leaders Conference / Sports Collective
Fan Engagement & Memberships
- Support the organisational goals in Membership delivery and elevate fan experience at all Firebirds events.
- Support the delivery of fan engagement which will include managing off court membership events including open training sessions and fan engagement days.
- Prepare and submit reports to the General Manager – Venue and Events for inclusion in monthly Board reports.
- Formulate multiple competition and event budgets and produce reports on analysis of performance.
- Participate in working groups to support innovation, commercialisation and fan engagement.
- Build a culture of high achievement where you will lead by example.
- Undertake work in line with the Netball Queensland operational and strategic plans.
WHO ARE WE?
At Netball Queensland we like to be bold and do things a little differently, we have an ambitious vision of becoming a world class sports organisation, respected for transforming lives through netball.
In this era of women’s sport, Netball Queensland must push the limits and lift expectations, we therefore need extraordinary people to take our sport into uncharted territory.
We are super proud of our history-making Queensland Firebirds team, we are determined to continue to be the number 1 sport for women and girls in Queensland and we couldn’t be more excited about our new $45million state-of-the-art Queensland State Netball Centre (QSNC). The next few years are game changing for us and we need the right team in place to make the most of these opportunities.
WHO ARE YOU?
Someone extraordinary in your own unique way!
You’re an events guru. You thrive on a challenge, creating and executing big plans to get the job done. You are a born problem solver, embrace change and are mischievous in the pursuit of brilliance.
You have exceptional event planning and delivery skills with the ability to ensure an outstanding guest experience. You enjoy getting into the details to make sure everything is just right, and you always ensure no stone is left unturned. Most importantly you have energy, passion, love what you do and have the amazing ability to bring your team on the journey with you.