- Work for Australia's strategic high performance
- Lead role in development of financial models to support decision making
- Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne location considered
Sport Australia (SA) plays a central leadership role in the development and operations of the Australian sport sector and acts as the leading sports agency in Australia, building collaboration, alignment and effectiveness within the Australian sport sector.
Within the Sport Business Division, the Sport Financial Advisory (SFA) team seeks to protect and enhance SA’s financial investment in National Sporting Organisations (NSOs), including by promoting and fostering financial capability and capacity. We do this by working collaboratively with NSOs to identify weaknesses in financial management and facilitate resources and guidance to up skill and improve capability.
As well as being part of the SFA leadership team, directly involved in meeting the wider team objectives, you will take a leading role in advising on and developing financial models and databases, and provide advice and support for key decision-making both internally within SA, as well as with our Sports sector partners.
We are looking for a high performer with strong interpersonal skills to join our motivated team in making a positive impact on the wider Sport sector, with specific skills including:
- Experience of developing and refining financial models using MS Excel
- Demonstrated extensive experience of developing and refining financial models (using both historic data and providing forecasts informed by robust assumptions/drivers) and databases, ideally in a professional services firm
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, providing advice on and implementing process improvements for budgeting, forecasting and scenario analysis.
Canberra location is preferred, but Melbourne or Sydney would be considered for high performing candidates. Financial assistance will be offered to relocate to Canberra.
Salary range = $106,121 - $125,222 pa plus superannuation.
Employment benefits include free parking facilities and use of on-site gymnasium (Canberra location only).
Applications close 5.00pm AEST Thursday 30 May 2019 (no late applications will be accepted).
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
To apply for this position please down load the above attachment and then click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applicants will need to upload their CV/Resume and then complete the online Application for Employment form.
If you have any questions after reading the Job Description please contact Andrew MacFarlane on (02) 6214 1106 for a confidential discussion, quoting reference number JN 1832.
If you experience any technical issues please contact People & Culture on (02) 6214 1328.