The Brunswick Baths is an iconic community facility with over 100 years of history. The centre underwent a significant redevelopment reopening in 2013 seeing new gym and cardio rooms, large group fitness room, outdoor 50m pool and splash pad (open year round), indoor programming pool, water play pool, spa, steam, sauna, cycle room, functional training room and dedicated childcare space.
The centre focuses on delivering an exceptional customer experience to the community through the delivery of physical activity programming and access to our facilities to provide opportunities for people to be more active, more often.
Key Elements of the Role
There will be a strong focus on improvements in operational performance and strong local leadership to ensure Brunswick has the desired impact on and with the Moreland City Council municipality.
This position requires leadership and motivation in a challenging environment and will require excellent communication and presentation skills. The ability to show consistent performance to ensure ongoing management of YMCA operations will be essential. Experience in multiple facets of staff management, initiating new programs and developmental procedures with constant evaluation techniques and strategies are required.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values
- Promotes and accepts personal accountability to better influence
- Provides continuous feedback and clarity of messages within the team
- Performs in a way that inspires and motivates the team to do their best
- Supports a culture of continuous learning and development across the team
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Participation growth, promoting and maximising opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key local community stakeholders
- Visible leader in the community
- Immediate customer/ member/ staff/ partner satisfaction
- Quality, best practice and industry leading program and service delivery
- Support and drive of membership marketing strategies and campaigns
- Risk and OH&S Management
- Performance monitoring and strategic planning
- Reporting and asset management
- Development - focuses on new business diversification opportunities and future service orientation within the area
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s
- Demonstrated leadership experience of a large employee team within a relevant industry
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid or equivalent
- HLTCPR211A Perform CPR or equivalent
- Pool Lifeguard
- Pool Operations Certificate
Required prior to commencement:
- Working with Children Check or Equivalent
- Australian Children's Foundation Online Safeguarding Children Certificate
- Satisfactory National Criminal History Records Check, and International Police Records Check (if applicable)
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children.