At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
- The Hub at Docklands is a space open to the local Docklands community to use for functions, meetings, playgroups etc. It includes meeting rooms, large general space, and smaller community rooms.
- The Hub at Docklands is in an exciting phase with the top floor space being utilised as a hot desk space and the bookings reaching capacity.
- The Docklands Sports Courts consists of 2 courts providing the local community with multi-purpose courts to play soccer, futsal, netball and basketball.
- The Flagstaff Gardens outdoor courts – available to the public to hire for netball, tennis and soccer and is also utilised by school groups.
Key Elements of the Role
As part of the Facilities and Program Administrator the successful applicant will provide support for the sporting competition participants, user groups including schools and stakeholders, as well as visitors to the venues. The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining a high level of organisational skills to enable maximising facility usage for members of the community.
The role requires an individual with excellent customer service skills and a high attention to detail. It is envisaged the administrator will take pride in the presentation of the venue facilities and ensure the very best level of service and presentation is offered.
Knowledge and Experience
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a diverse range of customers in age, culture and other backgrounds
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Flexibility in working hours
- Must be available weekends
- Organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Level 2 First Aid
- Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information