At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The Macleod Recreation Centre is a facility that offers a wide variety of programs for all. The centre comprises of a fully equipped gymnasium (electronic cardio equipment, machine weights and free weights), Group Fitness, fully equipped gymnastic facility, dance studio, 2 program rooms (used for a variety of programs and services), basketball court and tennis courts. The centre is open Monday - Thursday 6am - 10pm, Fridays 6am - 9pm and weekends 8am - 5pm.
Key Elements of the Role
The Gymnastics Coach will enjoy working in a team based working environment and have a genuine concern for and interest in the wellbeing and educational needs of children. They will plan and deliver challenging and developmentally appropriate gymnastics programs for children.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Friendly and approachable with a strong customer focus.
- Reliable and responsive
- Enjoys working with a variety of staff and customer demographics.
- A clear understanding of the YMCA values and vision and a desire to work within these values and towards the YMCA Vision.
Knowledge and Experience
- Gymnastics experience (coaching)
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Beginner Gymnastics Qualification (Inc: Principles of Coaching in Gym for All, Kindergym, MAG or WAG).
- Working With Children Check
- Coach registration with Gymnastics Australia is required for YMCA Gymnastics Programs
- HLTAID003 Apply First Aid or equivalent
- HLTAID001 Perform CPR or equivalent
- Advanced Gymnastics Qualification
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.