St John Ambulance Australia (VIC) has served the community for over 135 years. We work for the service of humanity, existing to help those who are in sickness, distress, suffering or danger. Pioneered by St John in 2012, the First Aid in Schools program provides the opportunity to instil early learning First Aid in our children for their lifelong ability to respond in an emergency.
St John plan to successfully present First Aid to over one million children in Victoria by the end of 2019. We are seeking a positive, outgoing, and self-motivated Team Leader to develop, mentor and lead the First Aid in Schools Presenters, deliver First Aid in Schools programs (approx. 75%) and support Commercial First Aid trainers in an overflow capacity when required.
The role will also support the St John Mobile CPR Learning Lab initiative, a community focused lifesaving initiative of St John Ambulance to build resilience by training more people in life-saving CPR.
Essential Skills and Attributes (Selection Criteria):
- Experience in instructing or presenting to children.
- Experience in leading and mentoring teams (ideally with remote or geographically dispersed teams)
- Experience with monitoring and delivering upon KPIs.
- Demonstrated maturity and ability to engage and communicate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively represent the St John brand by demonstrating positive behaviours and values.
- Ability to adhere and promote established program parameters and company policies.
- Available to work some weekends when required.
- Intermediate computer skills and MS Office use, i.e. Word and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel across CBD and regional Victoria.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or preparedness to undertake this qualification.
- Current Driver Licence, reliable vehicle and roadworthy.
- Willingness to undertake a current Police check and Working with Children Check.
Experience recruiting staff and managing performance issues are desirable but not essential. St John offers a variety of benefits including tax free salary packaging options, wellness options, free breakfast and fruit, discount cards, participation in innovation projects, career development, internal team building programs, leadership programs, training opportunities and an active social club. Please apply by attaching CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria and follow the link below
Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted. St John Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as an organisation that regularly works with children, St John believes that all children have the right to be emotionally and physically safe at all times. St John is committed to identifying, mitigating and managing risk to children through a preventative and risk management approach