- Head honcho gig - make exercise irresistible
- Lead our brand new St Leonards club from the beginning
- Salary + bonus + perks
We are a globally recognised brand with over 233 clubs in 8 countries and more than 1 million members. As part of the Virgin Group founded by Sir Richard Branson, we opened our first club in Australia in 2008 and are building an unparalleled collection of iconic locations in Sydney and Melbourne. We continue to innovate by developing a more personalised gym, multi-boutique experience and mission to provide irresistible exercise experiences.
Currently on track to open in November, Virgin Active St Leonards features a comprehensive gym floor offering with top-of-the-line equipment sourced from across the globe, and purpose-built studios for each of our boutique style group exercise experiences (Cycle, Grid-HIIT, Reformer and Yoga). It’s ideally positioned on Sydney’s Lower North Shore in the iconic St Leonards Square development (a residential, retail and lifestyle destination), approximately 400m from St Leonards train station.
You’ll empower your team to provide heartfelt service and exceptional operational management to deliver an irresistible experience for our members. Creating an aligned and cohesive management team will be at the forefront of every day so you’ll spend a load of time coaching, developing and motivating people to achieve their ‘Personal Best’. Along with maximising revenue and keeping an eye on the costs, you’ll create an environment where members and team members love spending time. You’ll lead the team to deliver a seamless experience… from the non-intimidating sign-up process and warmth at reception, to the gym floor activity and clocklike efficiency of group ex classes, through to the wind-down comfort of the chilled-out lounge area.
All about you:
You’re driven, level-headed and cool under pressure with 5+ years of health club leadership experience (ideally in a large scale club). You love to create alignment within teams as much as you love to create meaningful moments for members and deliver profitability for shareholders. You’re a leader and an entrepreneur. Both equally. Seeing your team knock it out of the park makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. You’re cool with ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change. You have the flexibility to work a non-traditional schedule and may also have studied exercise or sports science. A+ for you.
What we offer you:
- One of the world’s most recognised and exciting brands
- A culture that’s all about making exercise irresistible
- Performance incentive and a place on the management team
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular personal and professional development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- Uniforms designed in partnership with lululemon athletica
- Fun. It’s part of our success. We prefer smiles to graphs. We like to be human rather than corporate.