Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Gym Operator.
- Background in personal training, writing member programs and running classes.
- Previous experience in customer service will be well regarded.
- Registered fitness instructor with appropriate qualifications to deliver fitness programs and supervise gyms (minimum Certificate III level).
- Senior First Aid Certificate with annual CPR updates.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
The key performance indicators are included in the contract terms and the Gym Operator
is required to report on the KPI’s.
- Provide gym operator services with a strong focus on the gym members, OC management, visitors and all other parties associated with the building.
- Motivate, educate and inspire members to build a sense of strong community, positive culture and engage in health and wellbeing activities.
- Focus on providing programs and activities the members need and have in mind services that may be beneficial to members such as classes.
- Creating cost effective, integrated and diverse programming that adds value through leveraging other internal and external resources and services.
- Manage all members.
- Liaise with stakeholders relating to the building and administrative/operational items to ensure smooth operations.
- Provide a written report to the Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure rules are adhered to by all members and notify the OC manager on any breaches.
- Attend any required OC related meetings and participate where necessary.
- Act in accordance with the Job Description.
- At the beginning of every shift carefully check the pool, spa and steam room and attend to any issues.
Special Skills Required
- Strong and demonstrable customer service focus.
- Thorough operational processes and documentation supporting policies and procedures.
- Ability to liaise with all types of people and provide required feedback on any issues.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with senior management and committees.
- Ability to multi-task.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft based packages and email, as reports will need to be generated.
- Pro-active management style.
- Ability to achieve a win/win outcome for all parties.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and rapport with the residents at Wharf’s Entrance.
- Strong knowledge on the daily running’s of a recreation facility.
- Ability to understand and follow through on instructions provided.
- Ability to build strong relationships with the Building Manager and all contractors to ensure a smooth process of required works.
- Ability to make the required decisions when required to do so.
- Strong communication with OCMC (OC Manager and Building Manager).
- Ability to make appropriate decisions when required to do so.
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Friday Morning Hours 6:00 am to 9:00am
- Monday to Friday Evening hours 4:00 pm to 6:30pm
- Saturday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Note it is a requirement that phone calls are answered during business hours, as well as Saturday between 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. All calls must be addressed within one (1) business day.
The Gym Operator is required to provide one suitably qualified Gym Operator to cover the hours of operation as mentioned above.
The Gym Operator is required to confirm their flexibility regarding both hours and services offered as there are fantastic opportunities outside of the above-mentioned specified hours that would be available for a motivated candidate.
- Public Liability Insurance up $20 million
- Professional Indemnity up to $5 million
- WorkCover - if paid staff are employed in the gym, the gym must register with WorkCover and hold appropriate worker’s compensation insurance.
- Personal Accident (members)
- Personal Accident (volunteer workers)
If you are confident of your ability to meet the above-mentioned requirements, please contact us to request a copy of the full tender document. Written responses to the tender document will be due no later than 27 May 2019 with an anticipated commencement of mid July 2019 for the successful candidate. Please provide a resume (and at least 3 references).