CYCLING AUSTRALIA LIMITED (Cycling Australia)
Cycling Australia is the peak body responsible for the sport of cycling in Australia as recognised by the International Cycling Union (UCI), the Australian Government (Sport Australia and Australian Institute of Sport), the Australian Olympic Committee, Commonwealth Games Australia and Paralympics Australia.
Cycling Australia is responsible for the management and development of the sport from the national team at the elite level, including Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games, through to grass roots community level participation.
The organisation is structured across the areas of High Performance, Commercial, Participation & Membership, Sport, Communications, and Corporate Services including finance & administration and information technology.
Your role will be to assist the CEO balance and manage his professional responsibilities within the company and provide structure in his day-to-day activities.
The person we are looking for will have proven administrative, communication and organisational skills. The role requires a high degree of confidentiality and maturity. Outstanding interpersonal skills are critical to positively relate to other executives and clients. Also required are creative problem-solving skills and an ability to manage up when necessary.
The position is based in the Cycling Australia office in Melbourne, however occasional interstate travel may be required.
- Manage personal schedule, calendar, travel arrangements and contacts database
- Act as the point of contact between the executives and internal/external clients and other parties
- Assist the CEO with stakeholder communications, including but not limited to constituent members, UCI, Sport Australia, AOC, CGA and PA
- Manage all communication, creating and maintaining effective systems for email prioritisation, phone communication and routing correspondence etc
- Coordinate Board and Member State and Territory meetings, including coordinating and attending the meeting, arranging travel for attendees, compiling papers and drafting minutes and action items
- Management of CA Chair emails and correspondence
- Provide secretarial assistance to CA’s Nomination and Remuneration and Ethics & Integrity Committees
- Handle requests and queries appropriately
- Maintain diary, arrange meetings, appointments and provide reminders
- Reply to emails on behalf of the CEO
- Prepare correspondence
- Produce high quality reports, presentations and briefs - providing effective support in preparation and ideas
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system
- General filing and support
- Office Manager for Melbourne office
COMPETENCIES AND SELECTION CRITERIA
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar executive assistant role or in other key secretarial position assisting at an MD/CEO level
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
- High proficiency in English
- Exemplary planning and time management skills demonstrable in previous roles
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Advanced IT skills - Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to create and develop impressive reports, presentations and briefs in collaboration with the MD
- High level of professionalism
The remuneration package is reflective of a Not for Profit National Sporting Organization. However, the intangible benefits should not be discounted.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT
This position is a permanent part time role based on four days per week although could be extended to five days for the right applicant.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
To be agreed with the successful candidate within first 90 days.
Standard leave entitlements apply.