The MGGS Rowing Program follows a model that takes a holistic approach to the student-athlete, to ensure all girls are well equipped and well balanced to perform to a high standard on water, in the classroom and anywhere in between.
MGGS Rowing is founded on the school values of Integrity, Compassion, Courage and Self-discipline. The program brings these values to life through the establishment, development and execution of the key fundamentals necessary for a program to thrive on and off water. Through the power of an inclusive, vibrant and welcoming rowing community, girls will discover and develop their confidence, passions and potential for optimal physical and mental wellbeing and performance.
Melbourne Girls Grammar seeks a knowledgeable and effective Logistics Coordinator to organise and manage the logistical elements of the MGGS Rowing Program. This includes the maintenance and transportation of equipment, upkeep of spaces used by the Rowing Program to store equipment, development and monitoring of an Asset Management Plan and ensuring staff and student compliance in equipment use, care and maintenance. This role will have a risk management component, and is responsible for the safe working condition of all MGGS Rowing assets.
As a new role within the Rowing Program, the successful candidate must have flexible availability (approx. 15 – 20 hours per week). The MGGS Rowing season runs from Term 3, 2019 to the end of Term 1, 2020 – this role will be expected to work throughout these terms as well as during the December/January school holidays.
Although a sound understanding of the nuances of a rowing program is highly desirable (particularly in relation to shed, boat and equipment care and rigging), this role would also suit someone with a mechanic or carpentry background and a strong interest in boating.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- Relevant qualification in boat maintenance and repairs or mechanics;
- Medium Heavy Vehicle Licence;
- Strong technical knowledge;
- High level written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to liaise with wide range of key stakeholders;
- Excellent organisational, planning and time-management skills.
- Towing experience;
- Strong understanding of OH&S, risk and compliance;
- Experience working with young people;
- Current HLTAID003 Provide First Aid certificate;
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence;
- Current Victoria Boat Licence; and
- Current Victorian Employee Working with Childrens Check (WWCC) or be willing to obtain.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children