- Assist grass roots sporting clubs to deliver services
- Improve active living opportunities
- Engage with the community to deliver sport, recreation and leisure projects
Bayside City Council acknowledges the importance of a healthy and active community and strives to work in partnership with the community in the planning and delivery of recreation services, programs and facilities.
The Open Space, Recreation and Wellbeing department is responsible for providing access to recreation facilities, open spaces and events that promote an active, healthy and connected community.
The department maintains and protects Bayside’s open space network including sportsgrounds, playgrounds, conservation zones, reserve and street trees, parks and gardens and the expansive foreshore. The department is also responsible for the delivery of the Wellbeing for All Ages and Abilities plan that addresses broader community health and wellbeing issues.
The candidate is responsible for:
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders including local and regional sporting and recreation groups;
- Implementation of actions nominated within Council’s 2013 - 2022 Recreation Strategy;
- Supporting the planning and delivery of Council’s capital works program;
- Liaising with, and develop networks and co-operative relationships with other agencies to share information, resources and develop effective service delivery; and
- Coordinating the sustainable use and management of sport and recreation facilities.
You will have experience in the sport, recreation or leisure sector especially in the area of working with grass roots sporting clubs and their volunteer committees. You will be hands on, passionate and committed about getting people physically active and connected within the community. You will have the ability to plan and deliver projects and programs to achieve the strategic vision. The position description (PD) outlines more detail.
About the City
The City of Bayside is located 16km south-east of Melbourne along the coastline of Port Phillip Bay. The municipality is characterised by its stunning foreshores, beautiful parks, open spaces and vibrant retail centres.
Bayside’s 97,087 residents enjoy the leafy surrounds of the municipality and have previously identified the close proximity to the beach, access to open space and a strong sense of community as key factors for living in Bayside.
Benefits of working at Bayside City Council
If you would like to know more about the benefits of working for Bayside City Council, please visit their Careers Website
The selection process is detailed in the PD and the panel will assess your resume against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the PD as well as your separate responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
At Bayside City Council, we offer a modern, environmentally friendly work place and a real opportunity to contribute to the local community. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an accessible and safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.