Surf Life Saving NSW is currently seeking a professional individual with a can do attitude and great administrative skills. The Support Operations Coordinator will focus on improving the support operations of lifesaving to ensure SLSNSW remains contemporary and has the capacity and capability to deliver and to protect lives.
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state's primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 76,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
You will be a quick learner and motivated to work across lifesaving operational areas such as support operations, gear and equipment and emergency management. Reporting to the Lifesaving Manager the successful candidate will have the ability to work independently, and as part of the Lifesaving team.
Some of the duties will include:
- Reporting and documenting on member injuries and maritime incidents
- Coordinating the training and delivery of programs such as Rescue Water Craft, Duty Officer and Flood Rescue/Swift for lifesavers
- Liaising and maintain relationships with stakeholders such as SafeWork, Roads and Maritime Services and NSW police
Essential Experience Required:
- Demonstrated excellent ability to professionally communicate with various groups both internal and external to the organisation;
- Sound computer skills particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to make decision with regards to administration systems and procedures
- Flexible attitude to working hours as occasional weekend work may be required (Day’s in Lieu will be accumulated) ;
- Drivers Licence.
SLSA Bronze Medallion (or equivalent) and demonstrated experience of Surf Life Saving functions, activities and awards will be an advantage.
SLSNSW is an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
Location: Surf Life Saving NSW Headquarters – Belrose or Port Macquarie Head Office
Position: Full time (Mon to Fri 8:30am - 5pm)
Closing date for applications: 31st May 2019