The YMCA has been engaged by Moreland City Council to work together to deliver the vision of an Active Moreland for the entire Moreland community.
The YMCA's work in partnership with Council extends to all corners of Moreland however is based at the six Aquatic and Leisure Facilities in Brunswick City Baths, Coburg Leisure Centre, Coburg Outdoor Pool, Fawkner Leisure Centre, Pascoe Vale Outdoor Pool and Oak Park Aquatic Centre.
The main goal within Moreland is to create more opportunities for more people to be more active, more often, especially those who are least likely to participate in healthy and active lifestyles
Key Elements of the Role
The YMCA Group Fitness Instructor will require an enthusiastic person to develop rapport with a wide range of members, while fostering a commitment to their improved Health and Wellbeing. This is undertaken by conducting safe, appropriate and engaging group fitness class/es for the specific type of group fitness class promoted on the timetable. The Group Fitness Instructors key role is to provide a fantastic member experience through the class, and should motivate, educate and enhance each participant’s experience. With Group Fitness being a vital component of the overall customer experience at the Centre it is imperative that a high standard is being delivered on a consistent basis.
Skills and Knowledge
- Conduct safe, appropriate and engaging group fitness classes specific to what is stated on the Group Fitness Timetable
- Adhere stringently to all work instructions involving procedures for class commencement and ending
- Maintain open and effective communication with all staff including middle managers, other instructors and management where necessary
- To be professional, reliable, responsible and mature in dealing with participants before, during and after designated class time – make exemplary customer service a priority
- Be constructive and supportive to the overall development of the group fitness program
- Participate in special events e.g. Master classes, in-house workshops, Open Days, as part of Centre promotion
- Respond to all in-house communication e.g. Memos as quickly and efficiently as possible
- If unable to conduct a class ensure that you have arranged a suitable replacement on your behalf, while also communicating the changes to your direct supervisor or management
- Maintain a clean, tidy and professional appearance and wear appropriate fitness apparel and footwear
- Perform other duties as required
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Provide a welcoming environment for all visitors to the centre with a smile and greeting
- Ensure customer concerns or queries are dealt with promptly
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere by engaging all people in a friendly and approachable manner
- Build a rapport with customers and ensure customers and building rapport with each other.
- Build relationships within the class.
- Ensure to introduce yourself to members, and introduce members to each other.
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Current registration with Fitness Australia
- Les Mills or specialty Accreditation/Qualification
- HLTFA301B Apply first aid or equivalent
- HLTCPR201A Perform CPR or equivalent
- 20 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) every two years, in order to maintain your registration with Fitness Australia
- Emphasis on courses relative to the groups that you predominantly work with (e.g. pregnancy, older adults)
- Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Satisfactory National Criminal History Records Check, and International Police Records Check (if applicable)