About the Role
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for developing and delivering relevant strategies for both WBBL and BBL teams, that position the Sixers as one of the leading sports brands in the country.
- Create and manage the marketing and communications strategy for the Sydney Sixers
- Take ownership and show passion for maximising effective PR and communications to media and internal stakeholders
- Manage the marketing budget working with the team to maximise the efficiency of spend and delivering on KPIs
- Work in conjunction with the Digital and Social Media Manager to deliver consistent communications across platforms
- Work with the players and coaching staff to maximise media opportunities, driving the Sixers brand
- Develop and execute the local media and advertising plan with priority of driving attendance
- Work with CA to ensure media and advertising program complements CA activities and creative reflects brand guidelines
- Travel with the teams as Media Manager, producing news worthy content to engage media and fans
- Brand custodian for the Club, ensuring consistent look and feel of communications across the broader business
- Driving community program exposure to media with the Fan Engagement Manager
- Identifying corporate communications opportunities to grow the brand in the business world
Your Experience & Qualifications
- 4 years' experience in a Media Management
- Experience in developing and executing Communications strategies
- Experience with ATL Marketing and Brand management
- Strong contacts in sport and non-sport media
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships across different stakeholders
- A strong knowledge of media relations and media operations
- Strong writing, social media and digital skills
What's in it for you?
- Build your skills in a high-growth professional environment.
- Work in a dynamic, flexible and progressive workplace that is committed to giving you the opportunities you deserve.
- Enjoy the fun of professional sport and the rewards of contributing to your community.
The Sydney Sixers is a dynamic organisation the purpose of "Inspiring people to have the courage to be themselves and the confidence to 'have a crack'". With innovation as the lead, the Club and its staff are passionate about the Sixers becoming one of the biggest and most unique brands in the Australian landscape.
Keen to join our team?
Please click on 'apply' to submit your CV and a cover letter.
Contact email@example.com for a full position description.
At Cricket NSW, we embrace diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a safe environment for children across Australian Cricket. We also believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We're open to discussing your needs, just let us know.
Closing Date - Midnight Sunday 26th May, 2019