- Role Type: Co-Curricular Staff
- Department: Girls' Sports
- Employment Type: Casual
- Attendance Type: Casual
- Commencement Date: Term 2, 2019 (29 April 2019)
- Application Closing Date: Friday 29 March, 2019 at 10:00AM
Barker College are seeking to appoint suitably qualified coaches for 2019 to supplement our existing cohort of coaches in the following winter sports:
- Hockey, including a new 1st Team Coach
We are looking for coaches who demonstrate outstanding ability to engage, educate and motivate our girls across different age groups and varying levels of playing ability. The ability to interact and connect with our students to facilitate a ‘thriving’ learning environment is a key component of these positions. The successful applicants will have the following personal attributes and qualifications:
- Engaging coaching style with strong communication skills
- Reliable with strong time management skills
- Must be available for all midweek training sessions and games on Saturdays throughout the season (March - September 2019)
- Proven coaching experience and qualifications including a current Level 1 coaching certificate
- Ability to add value and remain committed to our sports program whilst upholding the schools core values and college of coaches standards at all times
- Two professional references
Barker College is entitled to request evidence of your rights to undertake employment in Australia prior to any offer of employment.
Barker College appointments are subject to NSW Working with Children legislation in line with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012. All staff members are required to obtain a Working with Children Check Clearance which Barker College will verify as a condition of employment.
Information on applying for the Working with Children Check is available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
A National Police Check and Employment Check may also be required.
Barker College is an Anglican School and applicants for this position will need to demonstrate sympathy with and support for the School’s Christian values. Barker College is committed to a safe work environment and all staff members work within our WHS Policy & Procedures and other relevant documentation.
Referees will only be contacted after initial interviews have been carried out.
Applications should include a full curriculum vitae.