Social Sports Event Hosts - Social, Outgoing, Sporty People Required
We are looking for hosts for multiple sports on weeknights and weekends, You don’t need to be a qualified referee, but you need to know the rules, and be able to enforce and teach them. You need to be great with people as you are the face of Urban Rec at the events you will host. You need to be available to host on the night or day of your sport for the entire league for 10 weeks. Extra points if you can come back next season and work with us.
You will be in charge of the entire league's proceedings, including being responsible for arranging all equipment, starting and finishing the games on time, and providing a fun environment for the players to enjoy their night of sport.
We need someone who is good at talking to a crowd, making people feel welcome, and breaking the ice among new friends.
The Sports we need hosts for:
- Multisport- Thursday nights (Starts late March)
- Basketball - Wednesday nights (Starts late March)
- Beach Volleyball- Sunday Afternoons (Starts Mid-March)
What you need to do:
- Look after the equipment and files, folders, first aid kit and report any replenishment needed
- Set up and play music - that’s right, always tunes at our events!
- Monitor/referee, and coach the games
- Police and report any unfair, or unsportsmanlike conduct
- Greet teams, and be their main point of contact for the league
- Start and finish games on time
- Keep and record scores, including 'Fun Points'
- Let teams know about any Urban Rec events/parties coming up
- Contribute to the general ‘energy’ of the evening
- Be an ambassador for Urban Rec, help spread the word
- Take sweet photos for our social media highlight reel
- Make sure ring-in players have done their waivers online
Your Legendary Requirements
- Have your own transport
- Be available from October till December, and ongoing availability is a huge bonus.
- To have a good knowledge of sports rules, (no formal referee experience needed)
- Be a passionate and energetic person, who enjoys meeting new people
- To be on time, every week, or give fair notice for UR to find a replacement
- Have access to a smartphone to be able to submit the scores each night
What you get:
- Free rego for one season with Urban Rec
- Urban Rec STAFF gear
- Get the opportunity to be a part of something and have a great time doing it.