Our goal here at the AFL is to enhance and grow the game across all states and all levels – from grassroots to elite. As one team, we put on the game, build participation, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. Our roles may vary but we are all united by our common goal, to leave the game in an even more extraordinary place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Local Area Manager – Sydney City this role is responsible for implementing AFL programs to gain maximum participation levels at AFL Auskick, School and AFL 9s, driving transition of participants into community club environments and acting as a positive presence for the AFL brand within the Sydney City region that delivers outcomes to all stakeholders
Please note employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check. The successful candidate is required to possess a valid ‘working with children’ check.
The AFL has extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Ensure acquisition, retention and conversion of participants through delivery of all AFL school and community-based programs to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Deliver and ensure the best quality customer experience across all football and fan engagement programs.
- Maintain quality control of Development activities under their supervision.
- Support Community clubs to build sustainable clubs, including providing support around volunteer recruitment, club governance and club strategic planning.
- Increase the quality of commitment of teachers involved in the School Ambassador Program including the identification of training needs.
- Recruit, train and deploy staff in line with AFL values.
- Analyse participation trends and customer needs to influence key outcomes.
- Conduct a range promotional activities and clinics in community settings to increase relationships with key stakeholders
- Assist with the organisation and promotion of AFL 9s for seasonal, University and lunch competitions.
- Support a range of activities with the Sydney Swans Football club
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Experience working with children and young people
- Well-developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage a diverse and extensive portfolio of projects concurrently
- Satisfactory “Working with Children” check or ability to obtain
- Due to the nature of the sporting industry must be willing to work outside normal business hours from time to time such as evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated personal initiative and ability to work effectively unsupervised
- Qualifications Sports Coaching / Management, Recreation, Education or equivalent depth of experience
- Driver's License
- Demonstrated ability to relate to and engage diverse communities
- Experience working with volunteers
- Sound knowledge of AFL or other relevant sporting environment
- Good understanding of the football network in the region
- Minimum foundation level AFL Coaching and Umpiring Accreditation or ability to obtain
- Ability and experience in leading groups to achieve positive outcomes
- We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
- My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
- AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
- My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: Thursday, 28 March 2019