The Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) is the governing body of rugby union in Queensland, and is responsible for leading the growth, sustainability and success of rugby in the state via a robust strategic plan in collaboration with Rugby Australia (AU).
The Queensland Reds Academy – Head of Athletic Performance will work as part of the High-Performance Department and reporting to the National Head of Talent Management and the Reds Head of Talent Management, will be responsible for leading and delivering the High-Performance Athletic Performance Program for the Queensland Reds Academy.
Lead the Athletic Development Program for the Queensland Reds Academy
a. Design and deliver all elements of Athletic Performance for the Queensland Reds Academy Program. Specifically:
- Academy Stage 0 (U11-U15)
- Academy Stage 1 (U15-U18)
- Academy Stage 2 (U18-U20+)
b. Work closely with the Queensland Reds Performance staff to ensure long term development plans are in place for all players. This includes prescribing annual, periodic plans for each athlete based on their individual needs.
c. Provide guidance and leadership to the major rugby playing schools in Queensland, around athletic performance and development.
Collate all required testing data across the Academy based on Rugby Australia guidelines
a. Manage the testing and data collection for all required tests in the following programs:
- Academy Stages 0 and 1
- Academy Stage 1 including JG Cup, Qld U16 teams and Qld U18 Academy teams
- Academy Stage 2 including URC teams
- Combines and Talent Days
Work within National Programs as required
a. Attend preparation camps and team programs for National teams/programs including:
- Junior Wallabies
- Australian Schools/U18s
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Level2 ASCA accreditation
- Excellent leadership capabilities
- Strong communication skills, written & verbal ability to develop and deliver support
- Ability to initiate, monitor and review projects and activities in line with organisational plans
- Strong work ethic
- Outstanding time management ability
- Excellent coordination ability
- Outstanding Strength & Conditioning knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to think, plan and mobilise to act strategically.