At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The Northcote Aquatic & Recreation Centre is located at 180 Victoria Road, Northcote and offers the following facilities: Indoor 25 Metre Pool, Tennis Courts, Indoor Learners and Toddlers Pool, Aerobics/Program Room, Outdoor 50 Meter Pool, Gymnasium/Circuit room , Outdoor 25 Metre Learners Pool, Café, Outdoor Toddlers Pool, Crèche, Physiotherapy/Massage Room, Spa, Sauna and Steam Room.
Key Elements of the Role
Manage all direct service staff (customer service, lifeguards, health club instructor, etc.) including coordinating breaks, monitoring shift start and finishing times, managing rosters, and managing staff performance. The Duty Manager will also need to address customer concerns and act accordingly, and appropriately deal with members and patrons who are behaving poorly. The Duty Manager is also responsible for ensuring the pool chemistry and water quality remains within set guidelines, and take corrective action when required. Furthermore, the Duty Manager will also be required to perform some minor maintenance tasks around the centre, both preventative and reactive, as well as playing a role in pool operations.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of using LINK's software (desirable)
- Experience meeting the customers' expectations
- Experience in leadership roles (desirable)
- Demonstrated track record in a similar role, or working in a similar facility
- Knowledge of OH&S and Risk Management requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Multi-skilling and an ability to deal with a potentially busy and demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Basic computer skills
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- Pool Lifeguard Award
- Current Senior First aid/CPR
- Working with Children Check
- Read and understand the YMCA's Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and sign off (annually)
- Previous experience in a similar facility in a supervisory role is desirable
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Legislation is an advantage
Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement). YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information