Bowls Victoria is the governing state body for the sport of bowls, and our primary purpose is to grow, develop and nurture Victoria’s most accessible sport.
Bowls Victoria is a not for profit organisation, responsible for the governance, events, player development, rules, club services and communications throughout the state. We service over 500-member clubs and over 42,000 registered players, and lead the sport and business of bowls for the benefit of the Victorian bowls community.
The purpose of this role is to oversee the operation of Bowls Victoria, guiding the strategic and operational direction of the organisation.
The key areas of responsibility for the role are:
- Delivery of strategic plans to ensure the viability and growth of the sport.
- Manage the day to day operations, ensuring compliance is met and delivery of best practice administration for the organisation.
- Management of the Bowls Victoria team, ensuring staff are managed and developed to industry leading standards.
- Report to the Bowls Victoria Board and Committees on governance and administration matters.
- Grow participation and membership while managing the commercial success of the organisation, maximising sponsorship and commercial opportunities.
- Liaison with key stakeholders, sponsors, government agencies, sporting organisations and service providers to promote and benefit Bowls Victoria.
To be successful in this role you need to meet the following criteria:
- Degree or diploma qualified in Business, Commerce or a related discipline.
- Experience in a CEO role, preferably within the sporting, not for profit sectors or a membership-based organisation.
- Experience working with or at the Board level.
- Excellent people leadership skills.
- Demonstrated project management and delivery skills.
- Strong communication skills, preferably with public and media experience.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Working financial knowledge, capable of working with financial statements.
- Knowledge of systems and technology.
- Experience working with volunteer based organisations desirable.
- Prepared to immerse yourself in the sport and culture of Lawn Bowls.
The nature of the role will require travel to events and meetings, as well as working outside of office hours on occasions.
The role will be full time, based in the Bowls Victoria office located in Hawthorn East.
We are seeking experienced applicants so please only apply if you have the skills and experience we are seeking.
Applications close 5pm - 5th April 2019.